Title: Program Coordinator
Program: The Gender and Sexuality Resource Center
Duration: 12 months
The Arab Foundation for Freedom’s and Equality (AFE) goal is to support the movement for sexual rights and protections across MENA. AFE broadens participation in sexual rights by investing heavily in grassroots civil society, building the capacity of nascent activists, groups and organizations, focusing on information sharing and security and protection.
About the Gender & Sexuality Resource Center:
Despite the proliferation of research, writing, and discussion on gender and sexuality, much of this work remains unknown or is more generally inaccessible to those who would benefit the most. In large, this is due to a lack of coordination and communication between activists and researchers, which then prevents said parties from benefiting from knowledge already produced—in particular work that has been produced in Arabic. Further still, because of the lack of communication, research and other materials on the same select topics are then constantly reproduced time and time again. The production (and preservation) of new and sophisticated research is essential to our understanding of sexuality and gendered identities and their regulation in order to build sound, evidence-based strategies for sexual and bodily rights and justice across the Arab world.
We are looking for a responsible, detail-oriented, and highly motivated individual who has experience in quantitative data analysis, coordinating projects, managing external and internal communications, and following-up with different stakeholders.
The Program Coordinator is in charge of overseeing the overall progress of projects, including:
- Quantitative data analysis (qualitative data analysis is a plus)
- Overseeing the production of resources, training material, and guidebooks
- Report-writing and feedback, including external communications, press releases, and social media
- Coordinating with consultants, researchers, trainees, and media
- Networking with organizations and partners
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases
- Implement, maintain and further improve quality control procedures
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases; correct any errors
- Support, plan, and coordinate operations for data collection sites and trainings
- Continuously monitor and develop the pre-defined guidelines for the project goals
- Provide general support in the GSRC operations
- Oversee the execution of training modules, including logistics and communications
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports
- Data management and analysis
- Provide assistance to other AFE staff with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations
- Oversee editing, publication and dissemination of research and resources, including on social media
- Provide regular and timely updates concerning progress
Languages — Arabic, English; French is a plus
Computer — SPSS; NVivo or any other qualitative data analysis software is a plus, Microsoft Office
How to apply:
Send your CV in PDF or Word format in email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AFE Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Further documentation, including writing samples and cover letter may be subsequently requested. Emails that do not conform to these requirements will be automatically disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, February 12, 2016